17 Things You Didn’t Know About Ellen DeGeneres
From voicing Dory to being cast in multiple movie roles, there’s pretty much nothing that this celebrity can’t do. The post 17 Things You Didn’t Know About Ellen DeGeneres appeared first on Her Beauty.
Ellen Degeneres is one of the most popular female comedians ever to live. She’s definitely the only one that’s hosted her own successful talk shows for so many years. From voicing Dory to being cast in multiple movie roles, there’s pretty much nothing that this celebrity can’t do.
Here are the most jaw-dropping facts about Ellen that you need to get schooled on right now.
1. Ellen Degeneres was born and raised in Louisiana. She graduated from Atlanta High School in 1976. Shortly after, she attended the University of New Orleans, where she studied communications before dropping out.
2. Ellen first got famous through stand-up by getting a New Orleans following before making it big on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. She was the first female comic to do so.
3. To date, Ellen Degeneres has a staggering net worth of between $330-490 million. That’s a lot of cash! She earns over $70 million annually! Our daily earnings aren’t close to her hourly income.
4. Before she gained celebrity for her quick wit, Ellen worked as a vacuum cleaner saleswoman, a waitress at TGI Friday’s, a paralegal, and an oyster shucker in New Orleans. Apparently, she was best at selling vacuum cleaners, but we’d also love to eat some oysters shucked by Ellen herself.
5. The first guest ever on The Ellen DeGeneres Showwas Jennifer Aniston. This was on September 8, 2003. The musical guest was Macy Gray.
6. Ellen is a member of the Writer’s Guild of America and showed her support towards the strike back in 2007. Still, she crossed the picket lines to work because of over 100 employees that depended on her for getting a regular pay-check. It caused quite the controversy.